MCAS Beaufort, SC Housing and Relocation Information
Basic Allowance For Housing (BAH) gives active service members two options for housing; living on post or finding a home off-post within the community.
- Once you have orders to move, contact the Military Housing Office (843) 228-6000. They can answer all of your housing questions and provide services such as referrals, resolving tenant-landlord disputes, and guidance for entering lease agreements.
On Base Housing
- Check the MCAS Beaufort Welcome Aboard page for a full list of checking in procedures by rank/MOS.
- MCAS Beaufort on-base housing is privatized and operated by Winn Company - Atlantic Marine Corps Communities (877) 749-3724, which offers 2-4 bedroom apartment homes based on rank and family size. The apartment amenities includes: washer/dryer or washer/dryer hookups, carport or garage and A/C. The community amenities includes: tennis courts, fitness center, pet friendly, swimming pool and playgrounds.
Off Base Housing
Looking to live off-post? Search our database for rentals and homes for sale.
Buy A House
- Click here to contact a local Real Estate Agent
- Click here to view Homes For Sale
- Click here for a list of Preferred Lenders
Not sure where you are going? Click here for other installations
MCAS Beaufort is close to three local communities, Beaufort, Hilton Head, and Bluffton. The permanent resident population of the local communities is about 162,000 people, plus a summer population. It take about 20 minutes to commute from Beaufort to Parris Island; Hilton Head takes about an hour, and Bluffton takes about 45 minutes. Many Marines live in Laurel Bay, about 15 minutes away. Beaufort County is in the Lowcountry of South Carolina, near the Atlantic Coast and near sea level. The area is warm and humid, with mild winters and hot and humid summers. Other nearby cities include Port Royal, Shell Point and Burton.
About the Installation
Marine Corps Air Station Beaufort is home to over 4,000 Marine Corps troops as well as the Marine Aircraft Group 31, the Strike Fighter Squadron 86, and the Combat Logistics Company 23. Marine Corps Air Station Beaufort is also home to six F/A-18 Hornet fighter-attack squadrons plus one Navy F/A-18 strike fighter squadron. The air station covers over 6,500 acres and holds a bi-annual air show open to the public. Marine Corps Air Station Beaufort is known as the "Fightertown East". For more information click here.